Did you know that in addition to helping you maintain a healthy weight, increasing energy, and reducing abdominal fat, life-time exercise can in fact (and particularly as we age):
1. Increase good cholesterol (HDL) and lower triglycerides
2. Improve heart health
3. Reduce stress, depression, anxiety and cognitive decline
4. Lower blood pressure and the risk of stroke
5. Improve sleep
6. Reduce joint pain
7. Reduce the risk of diabetes
8. Increase bone density, therefore reducing osteoporosis
9. Lower the risk of many cancers
There are many other benefits with which I’m sure you’re quite familiar, but these are just some of the obvious one.
Will this convince you to get up and start moving? I hope so.